Roper refrigerators, manufactured by Whirlpool, may have a factory-installed ice maker inside the freezer compartment. Some models have an ice dispenser located on the outside of the door. If the ice maker fails to produce ice or does not operate as intended, do some troubleshooting to locate the source of the problem. Resolve the most common issues by performing minor repairs or making simple adjustments.
1. Push the wire shutoff arm down to turn on the ice maker. As ice fills the bin, the arm raises and ice production ceases when the ice bin fills.
2. Allow 24 hours for ice production to begin. Discard the first few batches of ice.
3. Avoid storing items on top of the ice maker or inside the ice bin. Ice production may decrease or cease.
4. Install the water supply line as directed by the manufacturer. Turn the water shutoff valve counter-clockwise to fully open.
5. Remove kinks in the water source line.
6. Allow 24 hours for a newly installed ice maker to begin producing ice. Production will increase over time during the first 72 hours.
7. Lower the temperature in the refrigerator and freezer to increase ice production if an inadequate amount of ice is produced.
8. Remove ice cubes jammed in the ejector arm. Scrape the arm with a plastic utensil to remove ice build-up.
Small or Hollow Cubes
9. Turn the water shutoff valve counter-clockwise to open fully. Low water pressure causes small or hollow cubes of ice.
10. Remove kinks in the water source line to allow the water to flow freely.
11. Call a plumber if low water pressure persists.
Bad Taste or Discoloration
12. Discard the first few batches of ice after installing the ice maker or new plumbing.
13. Throw out ice left in the ice bin for an extended period of time.
14. Wash the ice bin in warm water with a mild dish detergent. Dry thoroughly before use.
15. Wrap foods stored in the freezer or refrigerator tightly to prevent odors from transferring.
16. Close the freezer door completely. Place the ice bin in the correct position.
17.Allow 24 hours for the ice maker to begin ice production. Full production begins after 72 hours.
18. Remove ice cubes stuck inside the delivery chute with a plastic utensil.
19. Discard the ice and wash the bin if ice melts around the auger.
Troubleshoot My Kitchenaid Superba Ice Maker
Troubleshoot My KitchenAid Superba Ice MakerOne of the features that attracts some to KitchenAid Superba refrigerators is the refrigerator's ice maker. The ice maker produces ice that can be dispe...
Troubleshoot A Kitchenaid Freezer Ice Maker
A Kitchenaid freezer ice maker is an important part of the freezer to have working, especially if your are someone who like to entertain guests and have get-togethers at your home. If something go...
Troubleshoot Amana Dishwashers
Amana makes several appliances including dishwashers. While several internal components of Amana dishwashers can affect the way the machines clean your dishes, two of the most important are the wa...
Troubleshoot A Whirlpool Duet Washer
Troubleshoot a Whirlpool Duet WasherYour Whirlpool Duet washer has a problem and you don't know fix it. Before you call the dealer or the repairman, try to find a solution for the problem on your...
Troubleshoot An Electrolux Dishwasher
Electrolux dishwashers save time and labor by handling the daily chore of washing dishes. This kitchen appliance is well constructed and will render years of service, provided it is properly maint...