Keep your drinks cold with your new personalized koozie.
Give your next cold drink some personality with a custom-designed neoprene koozie. Koozies, or drink can coolers, have been keeping people's drinks cold for years. They are often made from a plain foam, rubber or neoprene. Some have advertisements for companies or attractions. Be creative and make your own personalized koozie. This is a great way to commemorate an event, like a wedding, party or a vacation. It also makes it easier to spot your drink in a crowded setting.
1. Measure with a ruler the area on the koozie blank where you would like your monogram to be placed.
2. Open the embroidery program on your computer.
3. Lay out the design you would like to embroider onto your koozie. Use the dimensions from Step 1.
4. Upload the design to the proper media for your embroidery machine (such as a memory card or USB drive).
5. Set the machine up for the embroidery function according to the machine's directions.
6. Place a piece of tear away stabilizer in the embroidery hoop.
7. Mark the koozie with the air soluble marker. You will need to measure and mark the middle of the area where you design will be placed.
8. Spray the tear away stabilizer with temporary spray adhesive. Place the koozie on top of the stabilizer with the right side facing up.
9. Place the hoop on embroidery machine and embroider the design onto the koozie.
10. Remove the hoop from the machine. Peel the koozie off of the embroidery hoop.
11. Peel the excess stabilizer from the back of the koozie.
12. Switch your machine to the sewing setup per the machine's instructions. Change the thread to all-purpose sewing thread.
13. Fold the koozie with the right sides together. Pin the koozie at the top and the bottom edges.
14. Sew a straight stitch up each side of the koozie. Reinforce the ends by backstitching.
15. Remove pins and flip the koozie right side out.
16. Use the notions to embellish the koozie to your liking.
Make Cornhole Bags
Cornhole BagsIn the backyard game of cornhole, teams of two compete against each other using nothing more than plywood and cornhole bags. Since you are making your own cornhole bags for your backy...
Make A Oak Whiskey Barrel
Whiskey gets much of its characteristic flavor from the oak barrels in which it is aged.The art of barrel-making is called cooperage. Coopers construct whiskey barrels from oa...
Make Small Flags For Praise Dancers
Interpretive praise dance is a relatively new form of worship that is gaining in popularity. Dancers often use costumes and flags or banners to add to their movements and music. While you can purc...
Make Elf Shoe Covers
Make yourself a copy of this little guy's shoes in a few minutesDressing up as Santa's little helper is a fun way to fool the kids. But you have to have the costume exactly right so as not to arou...
Make Window Grid Inserts
Window grid inserts add heritage to your home.Window grid inserts can add the look of history and heritage to the home. You can design and assemble the window grid to suit your personal preference...