If your dishwasher is acting up, check the settings.
If you depend on your dishwasher daily, it can be stressful when it doesn't function well. Many common dishwasher problems, such as having spotty dishes or unclean dishes, can be resolved through some basic troubleshooting steps. Try a few tips before you call for service on your GE Nautilus dishwasher.
1. Reset the circuit breaker. If your dishwasher won't run, this could be the problem. Sometimes the circuit can become overloaded if too many appliances are plugged in or running at once. Try unplugging some machines, then checking the circuit breaker in your fuse box. This is often located in the garage or basement.
2. Turn the power on. If your GE dishwasher is set on a circuit that is controlled by a wall switch, similar to a garbage disposal, flip the switch to the on position to send power to the machine.
3. Rearrange the dishes. If you hear a rattling or thumping noise in the dishwasher, it could be that a utensil or other small item has been dislodged and is in the rack. Remove the lower rack from the unit by lifting it from the track. Remove any loose items and place them securely in the dish rack. Check that long spoons and pan handles are not sticking through the rack and obstructing the spinning wash arm.
4. Use the correct amount of detergent. If you improperly measure the amount of detergent, your dishes could end up not clean (too little detergent) or the dishwasher could overflow with suds (too much detergent). If the dishwasher has too many suds, open the dishwasher and let them dissipate. Add 1 gallon of cold water to the tub to help. For dial control models, close and latch the dishwasher and then pump the water out by turning the dial slowly until the drain cycle begins. For electronic control models, pump out water by pressing the Start/Reset pad,
waiting 10 seconds and then pressing it again.
5. Check the settings. If the dishwasher doesn't run, check to see if it's set for Delayed Start. Cancel the delay and restart the wash. If the dishes won't dry, first check that the water is hot enough. The water from your tap should be at least 120 degrees Fahrenheit and not more than 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Press the Heated Dry and Hot Start options before beginning the wash cycle to use the GE Nautilus settings to dry your dishes.
Kitchenaid Dishwasher Troubleshooting
KitchenAid Dishwasher TroubleshootingOnce you've been exposed to the convenience of a KitchenAid home dishwasher, the last thing you want is to go back to washing your dishes by hand. This is why,...
Troubleshooting Ge Quiet Power 3 Dishwasher
Troubleshooting: GE Quiet Power 3 DishwasherThe General Electric Quiet Power 3 dishwasher has several features, such as crystal and china, pots and pans, antibacterial, speed and normal wash cycle...
Kitchenaid Refrigerator Troubleshooting
KitchenAid makes a large variety of refrigerators, and all have a number of different features. Some of the more common features are the spill-proof shelves, the PUR water filtration system which...
Troubleshooting A Kenmore Front Load Washing Machine
Kenmore front loading washing machines will give you years of service. Sometimes things do go wrong, especially after the warranty runs out. Troubleshooting a Kenmore front loading washing machine...
Luxaire Furnace Troubleshooting
Luxaire, headquartered in Norman, Okla., manufactures home comfort products, including air conditioning units and furnaces. When your Luxaire furnace is not working properly, try troubleshooting i...