Friday, September 9, 2011

Enhance The Effectiveness Of Epsom Salt

Epsom Salt and Vinegar


Epsom salts have been around for a very long time and gained quite a reputation for healing sprains and bruises and many other ailments. It should certainly be a staple in any family as it is inexpensive, easy to use and generally comes with a list located right on the box or bag explaining many of its most popular uses.


When my husband was in serious pain recently due to a gout attack we decided to soak his foot in an epsom salt bath. Soaking did a pretty good job but gout is very painful and difficult to treat once an attack has started. I put my brain to work and thought aha, I've got it. I fixed him up a foot bath using warm water, epsom salt and vinegar.


I fully expected it to work but was completely delighted to see all the swelling go away after 20 minutes of soaking in this solution! The truly good news is that after two soakings he could walk normally and with no pain at all. His gout has not returned.


So then I asked myself why and this is my explanation: Vinegar is a solvent and it balances ph. Epsom salt is a mineral and the most easily usable form of sulfur for the body. Perhaps the vinegar helps to break down the epsom salt minerals making it more absorbable.


Shortly after this I got hit just to left of my shin bone with a stick (cutting grass). The next day I had a huge, fevered knot on my leg and it hurt! I dipped a cotton pad in this solution, applied it to my leg for 20 minutes and amazingly all of the swelling was gone, no pain and it never hurt again. I honestly feel as though I have discovered a miracle. I hope this home remedy works as well for you should you ever need it.


Instructions


1. Fill foot tub or bowl with warm water. For all over aches and pains fill bathtub.








If you have the flu, soaking in a warm epsom bath will leave you feeling almost human again. Kids especially love it.


2. Dissolve epsom salt at the rate of 2 cups per gallon of water or one cup per half gallon or half cup per quart. This is a strong soak for localized treatment.


For an all over relaxing bath use 2 cups epsom salt and 1 cup vinegar.


3. To the epsom salt water add 1 cup vinegar per gallon of water or one half cup per half gallon or one fourth cup per quart.


If you don't like the smell of vinegar simply rinse with clear water after your soak or just let it dry and the smell will evaporate.


4. Mix and enjoy a good soak. 20 minutes should be enough to provide relief from the stiffest and sorest of muscles, bones and joints.








This article belongs to Elaine Chastain and is copywrited. Permission to use title and intro with backlink to original content is granted.

Tags: epsom salt, epsom salt vinegar, gallon water, gallon water half, half gallon, salt vinegar, this solution